We are Walmart Israel (Aspectiva)
Aspectiva is Walmart's first acquisition in Israel, and has become an integrated part of the core of Walmart's e-commerce, the largest retailer in the world!
We develop state-of-the-art NLP solutions that enable millions of Walmart’s shoppers to make smarter and more confident buying decisions.
We’re growing and are currently looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to help us create a real impact through the development of complex production systems for Walmart’s end-users, while handling massive amounts of data.
- Engineering in production-grade high-scale applications that analyze massive amounts of data and turn them into valuable insights for millions of Walmart’s website daily users.
- You’ll be given the freedom and the support to develop tools and methodologies to increase the efficiency and the productivity of the team and company.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams within the site in Israel and stakeholders at Walmart’s HQ in California.
- Take an active part in our Scrum processes, Design reviews, brainstorming and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Take ownership of features - from inception through design and coding, eventually bringing your feature to production at a high level of quality and test coverage.
Not sure you fit all criteria? Submit anyway, let us decide!
- 3+ years of experience in server-side development.
- Experience in software development using Java/Python/C#/Node.JS.
- Experience in developing scalable and distributed systems and providing review/feedback on designs.
- Experience with Cache and DB design (SQL/ NOSQL - experience with both is an advantage)
- Familiarity with RESTFUL APIs, Spring boot and Message queues.
- Experience working with CI-CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka and integration tests - advantage.
- Leadership skills - such as mentoring others, project management, team building or managing - advantage
About us and our culture
We especially appreciate people who:
- Are passionate about their work and looking to make an impact with their code!
- Are positive! Have a can-do approach and are self-motivated.
- Like to share their ideas, give feedback, and learn from others.
Walmart is one of the most diverse employers in the US.
We in Israel, value diversity and are focused on growing our company with attention to inclusion, as an equal opportunity employer.